Wednesday 19 March 2014

Magazine Front Cover Process • Possible Outcomes


My magazine had lots of small design features which were difficult to choose from, here are some options that could have ended up in my final product.



This title originally had the word 'TOTAL' in white, despite the white matching my colour scheme, I felt it would look more professional with the conventional cut out wording. I also wanted to make the  word 'FILM' look more 3 dimensional by adding effects such as a drop shadow.



This was originally where I was going to place my puff and barcode, however I didn't feel the right side would be suitable for my main cover line and without anything there that side looked to plain. I also felt the barcode didn't look right overlapping the banner, which I didn't want to move up because it would have cramped the cover lines on the left third. I also thought about having the banner at the top above the masthead to make room for one giant central main cover line, however I didn't like the red above red and no other colour worked to make the colour scheme look neat and organised. I also thought of removing the banner and having one tab in the top right corner, however, again the red and red didn't look good and neither did any other colours, instead I decided to move the barcode above instead. I also thought about making it vertical, but I felt this didn't match the rest of my layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment