Friday 28 March 2014

Evaluation Question 1 • In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?


Trailer Uses:
These are the basic conventions which are contained in nearly all horror films, I kept these in for obvious recognition of genre and made sure audiences were aware it was a film by opening with film company titles after an appropriate banner warning.


This Animoto shows how I used professional tools and software to create my texts. By using the correct softwares I was able to edit to a professional level and replicate cuts and pace style as shown in existing trailers.



Trailer Developments:
These were subtle changes I made that didn't detract too much away from the original format of a horror film. This is to show my creativity and understanding of existing media texts and how they can be manipulated to form new takes on old products.


Trailer Challenges:
I didn't want my trailer to seem like a direct copy or a 'typical' and easily predictable storyline that would have audiences knowing the plot twists before they happen, so I felt it was necessary to enhance my trailer with beneficial twists to the horror conventions. This was a chance to break away from the current trend of reboots, remakes and sequels/prequels to existing franchises and form a more unique take on modern filmmaking.


Poster Uses:
The main conventions of the poster I used to give audiences the information that was vital to knowing what my film was and show the relationship between the trailer and the magazine cover. I used the same protagonist across all three along with these existing formats.


Poster Developments:
I knew I wanted to change the often 'boring' obvious choices that are quite bland for horror posters and show off my creativity and confidence using Photoshop to create a unique look at a film poster design.


Poster Challenges:
I felt it was important to challenge some conventions to show my film is very different within the horror market and maybe appeal more to film academics or people who in general aren't very interested in horrors through lack of developed narrative and underlying themes.


Magazine Cover Uses:
These were the basic 'essentials' when composing my magazine front cover.


Magazine Cover Developments:
I needed to make a few small changes to keep a consistent layout and neat presentation to this text.


Magazine Cover Challenges:
These were the things I changes in order to add my own original input towards conventions and be creative with my ideas that suited my film branding as well as the magazines.


No comments:

Post a Comment